OPERATIONS AND LOGISTICS COORDINATOR – PERU
FutureSense Foundation (FSF) is a small international development charity that works mainly in rural areas to support disadvantaged and marginalized communities around the world, to help them build a brighter future. We currently have permanent hubs and operate programmes across 6 countries where we support local partner schools, communities and health centers through a grassroots community development approach. Our work aligns with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and is focused on long-term and sustainable community development through three core programme areas; Education, Health & Livelihoods.
Through our long-term programmes in Education, Health and Livelihoods, we offer opportunities for international project participants to work alongside our hub teams to contribute to our in-country development work. Our project participants mainly include UK and Australia based university and college students aged 15 and above that come to FutureSense Foundation through our sister organizations; GapGuru and Challenges Abroad, who work with the participants and education partners, offering gap year and service-learning opportunities for students to develop as Global Citizens and future leaders.
We are now looking for a full time (40h/week) meticulous and passionate operations and logistics coordinator to join our team in our hub in Urubamba, Cusco, Peru. As the Operations and logistics coordinator you will work alongside other in-country team members and the Global Management team to ensure effective programme delivery and supporting services. In the operations logistical coordinator role, You will work on hub logistics, service provider operations, office administration, legal governance, risk management and other supporting services enabling our Education, Health and Livelihoods programmes to meet local community needs and to ensure the programmes are of high quality, and upholding our model and ethos.
ROLE BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive local living allowance is offered
- 34 days of leave (including annual leave & public holidays)
- 5 days of personal leave
- Phone allowance
- Paid travel expenses
- Personal development coaching & monthly global job-training workshops
Start date: July 10, 2023
Efficient and Effective Logistics and Administration:
- Coordinating all group logistics for international project participants – including transport, accommodation, meals, weekend activities, extension trips, visa letter etc.
- Vetting local service providers and ensuring they are aligned with our vision, mission, values and policies
- Developing weekend and extension trip offerings that align with our values and policies, and contribute towards deeper cultural awareness amongst the participants, while upholding ethical tourism practices.
- Ensuring the hub has the ability to host a growing number of international project participants to meet the community needs and welcome participants wanting to travel to the hub
- Managing all office related logistics and administration
- Asset management and financial management and reporting of office (FSF) and hub (FSTS) funds
- Fully trained and onboarded team members for their financial management and reporting responsibilities.
- Collaborate effectively with the team and support all foundation representatives and project participants to ensure effective and impactful programmes.
- Engage in the programme delivery of the hub to truly understand the work, to be able to best support all foundation representatives and stakeholders.
Legal Governance and Networking
- Ensure legal compliance operating as a local entity or under the UK registered charity.
- Uphold strong relationships with partners, local stakeholders, authorities and ministries to ensure positive and productive working relations for the foundation and our programmes.
- Uphold strong and collaborative relationships with partners, local authorities and stakeholders.
- Network and liaise with the wider community to uphold and build a positive image of the foundation.
Risk Management & Compliance
- Ensure all risk assessments, incident reporting and health & safety checks are carried out in a timely fashion and in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Ensure all risk management processes, health & safety documents and resources are up to date.
- Ensuring the hub is in compliance with all foundation policies from an operational and staffing perspective – including oversight of training & certification compliance.
- Ensure all partners and service providers have signed LOUs prior to engaging in any activities with us.
- Ensuring all team members and foundation representatives are fully trained and onboarded in relation to their responsibilities to uphold policy compliance and mitigate risk.
Management & Leadership
- As the operations and logistics coordinator you are to uphold an environment where curiosity and creativity / innovation is promoted, where empathy and diversity is key, energy and passion is harnessed, and integrity is upheld at all times.
- Ensure all team members, representatives and project participants are provided with ongoing and appropriate training to perform their role with high quality.
- Collaborate closely and effectively with other FutureSense representatives to ensure effective programme delivery, administration, and other operations.
- Maintain a positive and professional atmosphere at all times, using appropriate communication tools and forms for your position.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Fluent Spanish (written and spoken)
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Master’s degree or a minimum of 3 years of professional work experience
- Experience in arranging tourism and/or volunteer related logistics
- Experience in risk management and compliance
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience living and working abroad and/or with people from different cultures
Required Skills & Competences
- Strong ability to liaise with local authorities and ministries to ensure legal compliance and effective operations
- Strong communication skills; including reporting, negotiation and public speaking skills
- Strong strategic planning skills with strong ability to adapt and adjust to situations as needed
- Strong customer service skills and ability to deal with conflict and overcome challenge
- Results-oriented individual with close attention to detail skills.
- Very good understanding of financial management
- Very good understanding of risk management & safeguarding
Your Attitudes of Success
- A passion for community development, skills development and achieving results
- Willingness to participate in the actual programme delivery
- Comfortable working in a flexible environment and prepared to go above and beyond and work long hours when needed
- Experience working with international volunteers and/or youth
- Experience in delivering educational workshops for children youth and/or adults
- Experience working within a service-learning environment
- First Aid qualification and certificate
- Please note that all new positions are subject to a 3-month probationary period.
We are passionate about making a difference to individuals and communities we serve, always acting with integrity, empathy and energy to develop innovative solutions to meet their aspirations.
How to Apply
Send our Global Operations Manager Sarah Gentles (email@example.com) an email with the subject line: Operations Coordinator Peru. The email should include;
- Your CV (in English)
- Two professional references
- Send a video (2-3min) answering one of the below questions.
- What do you see as the main leadership challenges in international development work and how would your leadership style fit with this?
- What are your personal values and how do you see them leading to the effectiveness of this role?
- What is your strategy in ensuring a strong, positive and productive team culture during busy and/or high-pressure periods?