Fecha de vencimiento: 20 de mayo de 2022
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST, PERU
Producers Direct is an award-winning organization led by farmers, for farmers that focuses on improving the livelihoods of smallholder farmers across East Africa and Latin America. We work internationally, with a diverse international team located across Peru, Kenya, USA and UK.
Producers Direct is an organization with drive and ambition. Over the last 10 years, we have benefited the livelihoods of over 1 million smallholders internationally. Our unique, farmer- led model focuses on holistically responding to four key challenges faced by smallholder farmers: Access to Training Services; Finance; Markets and Data Services to support decision making. In Peru, we work to deliver program activities in close collaboration with 10 coffee cooperatives across six regions.
To support the increasingly complex management of our growing, multi-year programs in Peru, we are looking for a Project Management Specialist to join our team, ideally based in Lima, Peru.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to support program management and field activity monitoring, including managing sub-grants with multiple partners. The role will work closely with, and support Producers Direct’s Peru Manager and Producers Direct team in Peru to successfully deliver ambitious, multi-year programs designed to enhance the livelihoods and resilience of smallholder farmers across Peru.
Applicants must have proven expertise on project management and monitoring with reporting and evaluation skills.
Job Title: Project Management Specialist
Reporting to: Producers Direct Peru Manager
Contract: 12-month full-time fixed term employment contract, pending the completion of a successful probationary review period. Opportunity for contract extension beyond the 12-months, determined by strong candidate performance during the initial 12 months.
Location: Remote / Flexible – with Lima, Peru as the ideal location.
Project Management and Coordination:
- Proactive management and tracking of overall program deliverables and KPIs across multiple partners and stakeholders.
- Lead Project Management across multiple Producers Direct teams/functions (i.e. Data/Digital and Program teams), ensuring our internal teams work seamlessly to achieve deliverables on time and within budget.
- Lead internal tracking and team Project Management software, ensuring updates are made timely and all teams are clear on progress.
- Supporting the Peru team in the coordination and planning of Producers Direct activities in Peru – including providing logistical support for organizing meetings, workshops and events, both virtually and in person.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Manage sub-grant reporting from 10 Peruvian Producer Organizations who are part of the Producers Direct network.
- Manage and lead timely reporting (financial and narrative) from partner organizations – including Producer Organizations and other key stakeholders/ partners.
- Process, analyze, evaluate, and report on complex project progress against donor and organizational KPIs.
- Analysis and reporting results for internal team management, audits and donor reporting.
- Analyze budget spend vs actuals from financial reports.
- Manage timely sub-grant reporting from strategic stakeholders working with Producers Direct.
- Support Peru Team and Peru Manager with the administration of donor reporting and compliance.
- Minimum 5 years general work experience with experience in project management, international development work, work with small producer cooperatives and/or community-based organizations, NGOs or similar relevant experience.
- Strong project planning and field monitoring skills, both in logistics and in the presentation and systematization/analysis of reports.
- Knowledge of basic participatory monitoring tools and evaluation methodologies both online and face-to-face.
- Professional in Economics, Business, Financial Management, Sociology or career related to Social Sciences.
- Knowledge (ideally experience) working in rural settings in Latin America, ideally Peru, specifically within the agricultural sector
- Ability to articulate project insights and learnings into case studies, summaries, etc. to share with internal and external partners.
- Knowledge of participatory ways of working, from the grassroots up.
- Team spirit and collaborative work.
- Proactively and someone who takes initiative.
- Quick learner and ready to hit the ground running leading the project management of complex projects with an international team.
- Adaptability and Flexibility – Willingness to work and travel independently and spend considerable time working in the field.
- Appreciation and respect for the local knowledge of producers and their realities.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to make a real impact in a small but ambitious international organization.
- Salary level: Corresponds to professional experience
- Start Date: Immediate Availability
To apply for the position, you must attach and send the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) / Resume
- Cover Letter (maximum one page) explaining why you are interested in the position and what you can contribute to the Producers Direct team.
- In your cover letter, please response to the following question in one paragraph:
- How will you apply your project management skills to effectively support our cooperative partners?
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until Friday May 20th, 2022, at midnight EST.
All communications will be by email.