Fecha de vencimiento: 02 de diciembre de 2020
PEACE AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Tipo de Contrato: Fixed Term Appointment (FTA)
Lugar de Trabajo: Lima, Perú
Advanced university degree (Master’s Degree) in political science, sociology, international relations, international economics, law, public administration, or other related social sciences. In lieu of an Advanced degree, a Bachelor university degree with additional years of experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience in conflict analysis, development and/or conflict prevention in a governmental, multilateral or civil society organization in Peru;
- Extensive experience in analysis, research and sound drafting skills;
- Experience in project/programme development, management
- Experience in national and community-level conflict prevention and peacebuilding initiatives and programming in Peru;
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in dialogue and conflict prevention initiatives; and awareness and familiarity of key actors and stakeholders across the political, economic, and development spheres alongside knowledge of government, civil society, and other non-state actors.
- Support conflict analysis efforts and lead research and information-gathering with specific focus on supporting and promoting peacebuilding and conflict prevention. Submit the analysis and reporting to the RC, UNDP RR and DPPA Americas Division;
- Identify entry-points and support inclusive and conflict-sensitive approaches in efforts to build national capacities for conflict prevention, particularly with regard to civil society, including women’s, indigenous peoples and youth networks;
- Provide technical support for coordination, partnerships and M&E, on issues related to Sustaining Peace and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, working closely with RCO team officers;
- Permanent coordination with RCO team officers, to mainstream approaches in the implementation of his/her duties, including gender and human rights.
Fluent written and spoken Spanish and English is required