Fecha de vencimiento: 27 de setiembre de 2020
CALL FOR A PEOPLE & CULTURE MANAGER
Practical Action Latin America Regional Office, Peru
About Practical Action
Practical Action helps people find solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. Challenges made worse by climate change and gender inequality. It works with communities to develop ingenious, lasting and locally owned solutions for agriculture, water and waste management, climate resilience and clean energy. And it shares what works with others, so answers that start small can grow big.
Practical Action is a global change-making group. It consists of a UK registered charity with community projects in Africa, Asia and Latin America, a publishing company and a technical consulting service. It combines these specialisms to multiply its impact and help shape a world that works better for everyone.
Practical Action believes in the power of small to change the big picture. And that together we can take practical action to build futures free from poverty.
Practical Action values are:
- Restless ingenuity
- Alternative thinking
- Bold collaboration
- Maximum impact
- Lasting outcomes
The People & Culture Manager in the organisation is expected to demonstrate or work towards demonstrating excellent standards of behaviours under these values.
About the role
Practical Action Latin America looks for a People & Culture Manager to be part of its core managerial team. Practical Action Latin America is the regional office based in Lima, Peru, of Practical Action group.
The People & Culture Manager plays a leadership role within the Regional Management Team and is accountable for providing strategic operational management in the area of human resources in the organisation. Particularly, is accountable for leading on planning and delivery of our people, leadership and culture enabling objective, ensuring alignment to our global approach and supporting management in strengthening our investment in people.
In Latin America, Practical Action works directly in Peru and Bolivia and extends consultancy work to other neighbouring countries. This is a regional role that covers our work across Peru and Bolivia as well as other countries where relevant.
In our current strategic business plan, we expect to focus on Energy, Agriculture and Disaster Risk Reduction in both Peru and Bolivia. Across all our work, we aim to achieve impact at scale using our Framework for Change.
The People & Culture Manager will lead the following in Peru:
- Set and support the organisation to deliver on a viable HR plan in support of the strategy
- Ensure alignment with our global approach, including implementation of the Growth Model
- Build and foster an organisational culture of collaboration, learning and a focus on impact
- Ensure we have the right people in the right structures to support our strategy
- Ensure compliance with local labour laws and organisational standards
- Work collaboratively with leaders and managers
The People & Culture Manager will advise and support Bolivia HR team.
The People & Culture Manager will provide support across all five core areas of the strategy directly or indirectly:
- achieve change and impact
- strengthen organisational profile
- lead and manage people and culture
- support business development and manage relationships
- deliver performance
- Significant and demonstrated working experience in human resources
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to support organisational change
- Commitment to development principles and Practical Action’s vision and change ambitions
- Ability to provide strategic inputs
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
- Professional working level ability in written and spoken English is an essential criteria
- Knowledge, understanding and application of employment law
- IT skills particularly MS Word, Excel and Outlook, with experience of using HR databases, online recruitment tools and Intranets
- Excellent report writing, strong analytical, networking and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Operational experience of working within a busy HR team environment providing timely and high quality advice and work in all aspects of HR (recruitment, reward, employee relations, employment legislation, learning and development, change management, policies and processes)
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Working with others
- Excellent in team works and managing relationships
- Excellent ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to coordinate and collaborate with colleagues, building cohesion and buy-in
- High levels of demonstrated skills in prioritising task and meeting deadlines
- Able to work remotely and independently with an understanding of working across multiple sites.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to work in challenging and difficult situations on national and international visits to project sites across Latin America.
- Practical Action offers a vibrant environment for professional development. Our dynamic international team provides opportunities of peer to peer learning and for being part of solutions to global challenges.
- Salary in payroll with law benefits: gratifications, CTS, holidays, private health insurance, life insurance. Office located in Miraflores, Lima, Peru.
If you are interested in the position and you met the requirements, please send your CV along with a cover letter commenting on why you are the right person for the job and the salary you are applying for, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “PA LA People & Culture Manager” until the 27th September 2020.
We treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as gender, race, religion, ethnic or national origin, caste, tribe, belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, or disability.
Practical Action is committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal checks and terrorist financing.